Simplifying German bureaucracy is our mission
Accommodation, Anmeldung (city registration), Insurances, Bank Account, Tax ID, Social Security Number, Freelancer Registration, Blue Card, Job Search, Certified Translations, Tax Return — myGermanExpert is the easiest way to get settled in Germany.
WHAT WE DO
On our website you can fill in our Anmeldung form in you preferred language for free in order to get registered in ALL Germany and obtain a tax ID. You’ll also get a free info pack and the official letter to be filled in by the landlord/ main tenant.
Similar to the Green Card in the USA, the EU Blue Card is a special residence permit that gives highly qualified non-EU nationals the opportunity to work and live in the European Union. Apply for your Blue Card now!
You can book secure accommodation before or after you arrive in Germany. Easily search the city you are searching accommodation in and hit search! Apartments with rental prices, amenities and different districts will be presented to you.
This German insurance (Hundehaftpflicht) covers you against financial claims of others for damages for which you are responsible as the owner, co-owner or guardian of your dog. It’s flexible & digital! Cancel anytime! Insurance plans are available from 5,99€/month. Request a Free Quote here.
Get a Free Health Insurance Quote
Public or Private Health Insurance Plans for Employees, Freelancers, Students & Visa Holders.
In brief (Stay safe & Be protected!):
- If you are employed and earn less than 64,350€ a year, you have no choice but choose Public Health Insurance - Sign up with TK for free now! [Add-on: Dental Insurance].
- If you are employed and earn more than 64,350€ a year, we recommend you to choose Private Health Insurance. Get a free quote either from Feather or Ottonova (our favorite providers).
- If you are unemployed, self-employed or currently looking for a job and you've just moved to Germany from a non-EU country, then you should sign up for Expat Health Insurance (limited to 5 years). Once you have a steady income, you can easily cancel and switch to Public or Private Health Insurance. Sign up now either via Feather or Ottonova.
- If you are already a freelancer working in Germany with a steady income (more than 5,400€ a year), take out a Private Health Insurance. This is often the only solution you have. Get a free quote either from Feather or Ottonova.
- If you need health insurance to get a visa or residence permit then we recommend that you take out an Expat Health Insurance. You can cancel anytime. Once you find a job in Germany, you can easily cancel and switch to public health insurance. Sign up now either via Feather or Ottonova.
- If you are a university student under the age of 30, be sure to take out Public Health Insurance. TK has an incredibly affordable offer made just for students so be sure to take advantage of it! Sign up here. [Add-on: Dental Insurance].
- If you are in any other situation (job seeker, au pair, holiday workers, language student, guest researcher, tourist, etc.), we recommend that you take out Expat Health Insurance. This will not only make sure that you are covered in case of an accident, but it will also fulfil the legal requirement for living in Germany. You can switch easily to Public or Private Health Insurance at a later stage. Sign up now either via Feather or Ottonova.
- Get a Private Liability Insurance: It protects you against personal & property damage (third-party liability).
- Take out Home Contents Insurance: All your belongings (home contents) are insured in your main residence.
- Sign up for a Dog Liability Insurance: It covers you against physical or material damages your dog might cause to others.
- Sign up for a Pet Health Insurance: Whether you have a dog or a cat, this insurance will cover you if you are confronted with veterinary costs.
FIRST STEPS WHEN MOVING TO GERMANY
Within 2-3 weeks after having done the so-called Anmeldung, you should receive, at your registered German address, a letter containing your tax ID (Steuer-ID). Hand it over to your employer, possibly before getting your first payslip.
Anyone who is employed should submit an income tax return for the previous year(s). The tax return has to be filed before the 31st of July. Additional time is granted if your tax refund is done by a tax adviser.
The Best Bank Account in Germany
Open your FREE bank account online in 8 minutes. No Anmeldung is required!
Your N26 online bank account comes with everything you need to spend, save and keep track of your money, all under one app.